China releases its first report on agricultural outlook
The Report came to the conclusion that agriculture in China will continue to provide fundamental support to China's economic development, and China will make new contributions to world food security and safety.
According to Xu Shiwei, agricultural outlook work is a technical tool to predict future trends in agricultural development by using current information. Its core is to release supply and demand information and forecast market changes. It is a common practice for International organizations and many nations to hold agriculture outlook conferences and release outlook reports to provide information service to agriculture, regulate agriclutlral market, and guide international agricultural trade. In order to improve agricultural information monitoring and early warning, Ministry of Agriculture has set up an expert committee composed of analysts groups for 18 major agricultural products including grain, cotton, cooking oil, meat, eggs, milk, vegetables and fruits. The Agricultural Information Institute of CAAS, based on its years of research, has established the China Agriculture Monitoring and Early-warning System, which is the technical foundation for systematic monitoring and early-warning work.
Apart from the Agricultural Information Institute, experts and researchers of a range of institutes including the MOA Research Center for Rural Economy, MOA Information Center and MOA Agricultural Trade Promotion Center have also contributed to the China Agricultural Outlook Report (2014-2023), which reflects all major achievements made by China in the area of agricultural outlook.
- UAV maker PrecisionHawk receives $10 million in financing
- Tool helps track insects blowing in the wind
- FAO calls for “paradigm shift” toward sustainable agriculture
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- Corn harvest pace picks up, but…
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto