Bayer CropScience to acquire Biagro Group
In Argentina, Biagro is a well-respected company in the production and marketing of highly effective inoculants and biological seed treatment. "Together with our new colleagues we can continue developing and marketing tailored solutions for the growing seed-treatment industry," said Martin Gruss, Head of SeedGrowth Products. "With innovative offerings including chemical crop protection products, biological plant-growth promoters and inoculants, soybean growers can get their seed treated well before planting," Hernán Bagliero, Head of the Region Conosur for Bayer CropScience, added.
This transaction will also help Bayer CropScience build up its successful soybean seed business in Latin America. The company is striving to become an important business partner for soybean growers.
The acquisition will be filed for clearance by the antitrust authority in Argentina.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta