Bayer CropScience to acquire Biagro Group
In Argentina, Biagro is a well-respected company in the production and marketing of highly effective inoculants and biological seed treatment. "Together with our new colleagues we can continue developing and marketing tailored solutions for the growing seed-treatment industry," said Martin Gruss, Head of SeedGrowth Products. "With innovative offerings including chemical crop protection products, biological plant-growth promoters and inoculants, soybean growers can get their seed treated well before planting," Hernán Bagliero, Head of the Region Conosur for Bayer CropScience, added.
This transaction will also help Bayer CropScience build up its successful soybean seed business in Latin America. The company is striving to become an important business partner for soybean growers.
The acquisition will be filed for clearance by the antitrust authority in Argentina.
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Fall burndown benefits go beyond weed control