AGCO connects with Trimble’s Farm Works Software
AGCO announced a new interoperability between Trimble’s Farm Works Software and VarioDoc and TaskDoc as part of its Fuse Technologies initiative. This interoperability will allow operators to transfer task files between their machine’s cab and the Farm Works Software.
AGCO’s VarioDoc and TaskDoc are task file management systems that allow operators to wirelessly transfer task files between the machine and office without the need for a data card or USB flash drive. This eliminates the need for the operator to remember to save information to a data card or USB flash drive, and physically transfer it to the farm office. Transferring task files wirelessly ensures that all information is securely and efficiently transferred to the office for use in future management decisions and record keeping.
Trimble’s Farm Works Software is an industry-leading desktop mapping and field record-keeping software package that enables growers to manage information about their operation to make smarter decisions. Farm managers are able to track inputs and yields in each field, create variable-rate application maps, as well as keep detailed equipment records. They can also integrate additional modules to manage livestock, accounting and water management for their operation.
“The addition of Farm Works to the list of farm management information system programs compatible with VarioDoc and TaskDoc helps growers become more efficient in the management of their farm’s data without having to use multiple software platforms,” says Bruce Hart, director of marketing for AGCO’s Global Advanced Technology Solutions (ATS). “Fuse Technology’s open approach enables farmers to integrate their AGCO equipment and precision agriculture technology with the trusted service providers and software partners they choose.”
“This new interoperability is an example of how our companies are working together to provide growers with the tools they need to better manage their operation’s data, which can result in enhanced decision making and improved return on investment,” says Levi Kettle, business area director for Trimble’s Agriculture Division.
VarioDoc is available as optional equipment on most Fendt tractors; TaskDoc is now available on select Massey Ferguson and Challenger combines, with more AGCO products planned in the future.
- Fat molecules influence function of key photosynthesis protein
- Monsanto honored for efforts in developing agriculture in Vietnam
- Corn stocks top 1.2 billion bushels
- Ag markets posted mixed reactions to the USDA reports
- Junge Control introduces Zone Automation
- UAV maker PrecisionHawk receives $10 million in financing
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto