Engage Agro USA to distribute Heads Up bean “vaccine”
Engage Agro USA announced it signed a distribution agreement with Heads Up Plant Protectants, Inc. of Saskatoon, Canada, to market Heads Up, a patented and EPA registered pre-plant seed and pre-transplant seedling treatment for edible beans and soybeans.
Heads Up is a unique seed treatment based upon saponin extracts from the new health craze plant, Quinoa. It provides a low cost plant health insurance and vaccine program via Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR) that triggers the plant’s naturally occurring defense pathways. It is compatible with traditional seed treatment and inoculants.
Heads Up fits perfectly within Engage Agro USA’s product portfolio. Heads Up not only performs in the field, but it has a strong ROI as a result of the cost to the grower being less than $2.50/acre, dependent on seeding rate. In addition, it is an excellent tool, backed up with significant research results, to fight diseases including Sudden Death Syndrome (Fusarium virguliforme), Root Rot/Damping Off (Rhizoctonia solani) and White Mold (Sclerotinia sclerotiorum). In addition, Heads Up is OMRI listed providing an excellent defense for organic farmers.
"It's all about results," says Trevor Thorley, President of Engage Agro USA. “A product can be unique, practical and easy to use, but if it doesn’t perform, we won’t carry it in our line. We are very pleased to offer Heads Up.”
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law