Many ag groups applaud Senate’s passage of farm bill
Kathryn Boor, food scientist and the dean of Cornell University’s top-ranked College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, commended Congress for passing a farm bill.
Boor said, "Agriculture is a cornerstone of our economy, and having a farm bill in hand offers stability to farmers, producers, and consumers alike. This is an important accomplishment, and though it took too long for us to arrive here, Congress can count this as a success.
“The elimination of the direct payment program and the modifications in crop insurance resources do not change a fundamental truth – farming is an enterprise filled with risk, and farmers, regardless of the scale of their business, must be forward-thinking and proactive in their efforts, all of which culminate in the food on our table."
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning