ISAAA launches infographic on food and agri-biotech
Coinciding with the celebration of the World Food Prize (WFP) Foundation Oct. 16-19, 2013, to honor three distinguished crop biotechnologists, ISAAA launched a new infographic on food and agricultural biotechnology to raise public understanding on challenges of feeding the world of tomorrow. The infographic is part of a new series of materials that will highlight the importance of advances in agricultural biotechnology and its role in ensuring food security of the growing global population.
The WFP Foundation hailed Prof. Marc Van Montagu, Dr. Mary-Dell Chilton, and Dr. Robert T. Fraley as recipients of the World Food Prize 2013 for their independent, individual breakthrough achievements in founding, developing, and applying modern agricultural biotechnology. A four-day long symposium "The 2013 Borlaug Dialogue" themed around "Biotechnology, Sustainability and Climate Volatility" took place from Oct. 16-19, 2013, at Des Moines, Iowa, USA. It looked ahead to the next century of advances in agricultural research and application with focus on the issues that Dr. Borlaug would have viewed as critical to nourish the world's growing population. The winners called on the world to embrace the seeds they helped develop, despite the controversy and criticism that threatens to limit the future of biotech crops.
Download the infographic "Can Mother Earth Feed 9+ Billion by 2050" by clicking here.
- Texas fall armyworms out early due to unseasonable rains
- Scout for western bean cutworm, western corn rootworm in Ohio
- AgSense releases iPad version of its WagNet Mobile app
- Ag markets posted divergent moves again Thursday
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- Be wary of wheat quality after wet weather
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight