Yara, BASF mull joint U.S. ammonia plant
German Chemicals firm BASF and Norwegian fertilizer maker Yara may invest in a "world scale" ammonia plant around the U.S. Gulf Coast, Yara said in a statement on Friday.
"Yara, with its global ammonia network and market expertise, seeks to increase its presence in the United States," it said in a statement. "BASF, which has a strong presence in the United States, is currently a major user of ammonia for its U.S. downstream manufacturing activities and intends to further strengthen its backward integration."
The details of the potential investment, including its size, cost and location, are under discussion, Yara added.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Northern corn leaf blight seen across Corn Belt
- EU wheat exporters to benefit from Black Sea turmoil
- Seeds keep vital much longer when stored without oxygen
- Global food safety agreement signed by China and UC Davis
- Weyerhaeuser and DuPont Pioneer sign license agreement
- Corn conditions dip slightly, but…