World Food Prize Laureate: Innovation, communication needed
“Biotechnology crops make farming more productive and mitigate agriculture’s impact on our environment by reducing soil erosion, conserving water and reducing other agricultural inputs,” Fraley said. “We are still at the tip of the iceberg as new biotechnology traits are being developed for managing pest challenges, and new products have the potential to enable us to reduce the impact of drought and enhance yield and nutrition.”
Thirty years of research has validated the safety of biotechnology products, Fraley said, but Monsanto and others in the scientific community need to do more to share information and answer questions from those with concerns.
“Working together as an industry we need to share more background and more information on food innovation and GMO safety with the millions of people out there who have legitimate questions,” Fraley said. “We want anyone with an interest in nutritious, affordable and available food to have complete, accurate information.”
Monsanto has committed to ongoing dialogue with groups that represent consumers, farmers, environmentalists and others who are addressing food security and safety.
“We need to do much better discussing, promoting and sustaining an honest discussion around the food issues that confront our changing world,” Fraley added. “The topic is too important and people care too deeply to segment and confine this subject to audiences separated by misconceptions. Monsanto doesn’t have all the answers but I can promise you that we will collaborate, dialogue and work together to do what it takes to move this discussion forward – that’s our commitment.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment