Activist investor Jana Partners cuts stake in Agrium
Activist hedge fund Jana Partners LLC trimmed its holding in Agrium Inc and said it was pleased with the fertilizer company's recent capital return and change in chief executive.
Jana, which was Agrium's largest shareholder with a 7.5 percent stake, cut its holding in the company to 2.7 percent as of Oct. 8, according to a regulatory filing.
Agrium, the world's third largest nitrogen producer, has faced pressure from Jana to return capital to shareholders and split the company's wholesale fertilizer and retail business.
Agrium has, in the past month, raised its dividend by 50 percent to $3.00 per share on an annualized basis and appointed Chuck Magro to replace Mike Wilson as chief executive next year.
Jana expects that recently announced management changes will lead to improvements in Agrium's openness and responsiveness to proposals for value creating change, the hedge fund said in the filing.
Barry Rosenstein-led Jana is now Agrium's third largest shareholder, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.