Nebraska-based John Deere dealership expansion
The regional John Deere Dealership group, 21st Century Equipment, headquartered in Bridgeport, Neb., has announced the acquisition of MV Equipment, a John Deere Dealership organization with five locations in eastern Colorado. This acquisition will extend the 21st Century brand to the Colorado towns of Sterling, Burlington, Yuma, Wray and Holyoke.
According to Owen Palm, CEO of 21st Century Equipment, the company will further strengthen the new dealerships with the establishment of a local store management structure. This structure provides strong community involvement and empowers local decision-making as shown at other locations in the 21st Century Equipment organization. “We are dedicated to staying on the leading edge of precision agriculture technology and data management,” Palm added. “Our Integrated Solutions Team is known for innovation and introducing industry-leading production technology. We fully intend to deploy these resources to these new locations to the benefit of our new customers.”
21st Century Equipment also maintains a recruitment and training program designed to continually grow and train its service technicians, parts professionals and sales staff. “We have a strong commitment to the John Deere Ag Tech program at participating Community Colleges and offer tuition assistance. Also, we have an active college internship program … both are designed to recruit and return young people back into the local communities we serve,” Palm said.
In addition to the new Colorado locations, 21st Century Equipment has John Deere dealerships in Akron, Cheyenne Wells, Flagler and Fort Morgan, Colo.; and in Alliance, Bridgeport, Gordon, Imperial, Ogallala and Sidney, Neb.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?