Root health from the perspective of seed treatment development
What means do you use to make the root system visible to the grower?
During the development of VIBRANCE® seed treatment to protect against Rhizoctonia, we often took the growers and colleagues to the field, dug out roots and looked at them. This gave growers and colleagues something tangible and increased their awareness of the effect soilborne pathogens can have on roots when you don’t protect them (e.g. with a seed treatment). Meanwhile, there are also scientific methods to visualize roots, such as the Rhizotrone technique or various X-ray imaging techniques.
In September Syngenta hosts its second international Root Health Forum, this one in Beijing. Plus there have been seven regional meetings during the last year. What is the idea behind these Forums?
There are several ideas behind the Root Health Forums. The Forums bring experts from various fields of research and regions together and trigger discussions around Root Health, the different threats to it and possible improvements of Root Health in general. The Forums also bring awareness to this topic in the scientific community. For Syngenta, it’s important to demonstrate the commitment to Root Health and improve the link and collaborations with the scientific community. We also hope to get a better feeling for where the biggest need for solutions might be and ideally bring up new ideas together for improving Root Health in the future.
Monika Scheller was interviewed by Dr. Melanie Goll, Network Community Manager for Syngenta.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- El Niño could strike as early as summer
- Fertilizer in small doses yields higher returns for less money
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.