APHIS updates biotech regulatory petitions
Notice of publication of these actions in the Federal Register, as well as links to the regulatory documents, will be posted to the APHIS website as they become available.
APHIS will also be publishing draft environmental assessments and draft plant pest risk assessments that the Agency has prepared in response to requests from BASF to deregulate its Imidazolinone resistant soybean, as well as from Monsanto to deregulate its high yield soybean. APHIS previously made BASF’s and Monsanto’s petitions available for public review and comment in July 2012. In response to its evaluation of the petitions, and the public comments it received, APHIS determined that it needed to prepare these draft assessments and make them available for public review and comment. Notification of publication of these actions in the Federal Register, along with links to the draft assessments, will be made available on the APHIS home page. Upon publication in the Federal Register, they will be available for 30 day public review and comment periods.
- Study says neonics are widespread in Iowa waters
- Weyerhaeuser and DuPont Pioneer sign license agreement
- Why your business needs a CSO
- Woman arrested in seed theft case released on bond
- Rabobank reports U.S. set to become urea self-sufficient
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Study of pesticides and autism is junk science
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'