DuPont's new Stewardship Learning Series
The DuPont Crop Protection land management business unit has introduced the first three in a series of learning modules that address stewardship best practices to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of day-to-day herbicide, insecticide and fungicide use. The Learning Series is a set of easy-to-use, 15- to 20-minute self-directed training modules that are available online 24/7. Pesticide applicators can access the Learning Series online at www.landmanagement.dupont.com/stewardship.
"Product stewardship requires constant collaboration between manufacturers and forage and livestock producers to responsibly maximize production," said Roxanne Gutschenritter, range and pasture sales manager, DuPont Crop Protection. "Our business is about more than creating innovative products that help preserve and protect investments in land, cattle, horses and other livestock. We also have a responsibility to collaborate with stakeholders, informing and educating them on sound stewardship principles to minimize environmental impact and preserve precious natural resources."
The training modules provide deeper knowledge and awareness of pesticide product stewardship. Future modules will discuss topics including emergency response and preparedness, regulatory compliance and record keeping.
Three modules are currently available and cover these topics:
- Understanding Pesticide Product Labels. Learn about the purpose and importance of pesticide product labels, product label types and contents;
- Handling, Storing and Transporting Pesticides. Review product stewardship best practices related to handling pesticides, pesticide storage and transportation; and
- Mixing and Loading Pesticides and Disposing of Pesticide Containers. Receive techniques for proper pesticide mixing and loading, and procedures for disposing of pesticide containers.
DuPont Crop Protection introduced the Learning Series as part of its ongoing commitment to understand the needs of livestock producers and develop reliable solutions that help meet the challenges of a growing world in a sustainable manner.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- USDA’s budget proposal: How will you be impacted?
- UN: China, US climate cooperation raises hopes for global deal
- Crop marekts set back from early-Friday highs
- Even as Japan balks at trade concessions, farmers move on
- Crop pests ‘vastly underestimated’ warns study
- Evogene enhances predictive gene stacking capabilities
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.