Agrium continues assessment of nitrogen expansions
Agrium Inc. has decided to suspend engineering development on its U.S. nitrogen greenfield project and focus efforts on attempting to secure a strategic partner and a gas contract for the project at this time.
The total projected cost for the planned facility, with total production capacity of about 1.8 million product tonnes, is estimated to approach $3-billion. A decision on the brownfield expansion at our Borger Texas facility is still expected in the second half of 2013.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease