Agrium continues assessment of nitrogen expansions
Agrium Inc. has decided to suspend engineering development on its U.S. nitrogen greenfield project and focus efforts on attempting to secure a strategic partner and a gas contract for the project at this time.
The total projected cost for the planned facility, with total production capacity of about 1.8 million product tonnes, is estimated to approach $3-billion. A decision on the brownfield expansion at our Borger Texas facility is still expected in the second half of 2013.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles advance agriculture
- Divergent livestock futures highlighted Wednesday's market action
- Update on corn and soybean acreage
- China's cotton growing area, yield expected to decline in 2014
- Farm auction in McLean County, Ill., drew 40 bidders
- Pesticide Safety Education program reaches a 50-year milestone
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning