United Nations calls for global action on drought
“The winners exemplify the type of leadership that makes the difference at the grassroots level. Much of what they offer is simple, but transformational. They need to be supported by policies to attract investment to scale them up and roll them out,” he said.
Gnacadja also announced that the Drylands Champions initiative was set up under the Convention to rally support for individuals that are making a practical difference on the ground.
He said Eritrea, Hungary, Kenya, Portugal and Thailand have announced that they will designate their first ever Drylands Champions as part of the Day’s celebrations.
Celebrations are also planned in Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Georgia, Ghana, Iran, Mexico, Namibia, Senegal, South Africa, Timor Leste, Turkey and Ukraine. The global observance will be held on 17 June at the Conference on Land Degradation and Desertification taking place in Ghent, Belgium.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Speed King Blender
CrustBuster/Speed King, Inc.