Major discrepancy in donations for West, Texas
An article on CNN.com points out the significant discrepancy in donations for relief efforts for the Boston bombing victims and the West Fertilizer plant explosion victims.
The article clearly states the discrepancy. “More than $26 million has been raised in the wake of the April 15 Boston blasts. And it appears that donations for West total well under $1 million.”
These two tragedies occurred the same week and yet the Boston bombing received the lion’s share of mainstream media reporting. However, the impact of both events is miles apart. The loss of 15 in a small town like West, Texas, is especially significant because many of these victims were fire fighters and EMT personnel. These volunteers are usually the backbone of a small community—business people and workers with families.
The people of West weren’t just killed or injured; they and their families lost homes and all their belongings, in many cases.
Main stream media has overlooked the tragedy at West Fertilizer and yet the need for donations is much greater in West, Texas.
To read the full CNN story, click here.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Report: Australia could play larger role in Asian food security
- Anniversary at Bayer CropScience SeedGrowth conference
- Hawaiian GMO crop registry implementation halted
- Maryland leaders stall phosphorus regulations
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- Agricultural subsidies remain a staple in the industrial world
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment