Insurance company investment in agriculture
Forestar Group Inc. senior secured loan secured by timberland in Georgia, Alabama, Texas and other company assets. Forestar Group Inc is a publicly traded real estate and natural resources company headquartered in Austin, Texas.
NORPAC Foods, Inc. first mortgage secured by processing and cold storage facilities in Oregon and Washington. NORPAC Foods, Inc. is a processor and marketer of high quality branded and private-label canned and frozen food products.
American Cold Storage-North America, L.P. first mortgage was secured by warehouse/distribution facilities located in Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. American Cold Storage operates public refrigerated storage warehouses and offers services in the areas of handling, storage and processing/freezing.
“We think 2013 will offer substantial opportunities for agricultural mortgage lending. Our 96-year track record of investing in the agricultural sector and our commitment to superior customer service will help drive our success this year and beyond,” said Merck.
MetLife has provided agricultural financing since 1917 and is a global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife holds market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Mycogen Seeds introduces four new sunflower hybrids for 2015
- China cuts cotton import quotas to boost demand for its own fiber
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Gangster herbicide program update
- Despite USDA approval, Enlist trait faces hurdles
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- USDA approves Dow’s Enlist corn, soybean traits
- Mapping technology help farmers understand soil
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- Vilsack urged Buffett to ready BNSF for record crops
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report