Battling fiscal deficit, India to cut fertilizer subsidy for FY14
The state-run fertilizer company official said the government wants companies to lower retail prices of potash and phosphate, cushioning the impact of lower subsidies.
For the current fiscal year, India slashed subsidies for DAP by 27.4 percent from the previous year, while subsidies for MoP were cut by 10 percent. This forced fertilizer companies to raise retail prices, angering farmers, who cut consumption.
"Higher fertilizer prices and drought in some areas cut consumption this year. Consumption is unlikely to revive next year, if the government decides to cut subsidies further," said the fertilizer company official.
Weak fertilizer demand can hit the profitability of Indian firms such as Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers, Tata Chemicals, National Fertilizers, GSFC , Coromandel International and Chambal Fertilizers and Chemicals.
It can also reduce India's DAP and MoP imports.
Potash Corp, Mosaic Co, Agrium Inc , Uralkali, Arab Potash Co, ICL Israel Chemicals and Germany's K+S AG are among the major potash suppliers to India.
Moroccan phosphate producer Office Cherifien des Phosphates (OCP), PhosChem and Russian fertilizer group Phosagro are key DAP supplier to India. ($1 = 53.2850 Indian rupees)
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- El Niño could strike as early as summer
- Fertilizer in small doses yields higher returns for less money
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.