Grain, livestock markets decidedly mixed on Tuesday
The big Monday cattle rally probably pulled CME lean hog futures upward as well, although bulls in the swine pit could also point to the discount built into nearby hog futures with just over two weeks before the February contract expires. However, the cash markets are not cooperating well with those in the bullish camp. For example, the CME lean hog index seems set to turn downward when the official quote is released Wednesday morning. Moreover, Tuesday afternoon cash reports imply further short-term losses. On the other hand, a big surge in pork loins boosted cutout after the Chicago pit session had ended, which may bode well for the Wednesday opening. February hogs had slipped 0.07 cents to 87.10 cents/pound at the Tuesday close, whereas June futures had climbed 0.52 cents to 98.17.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.