DuPont Pioneer introduces new T Series soybeans
A new series of Pioneer brand soybean products, developed through DuPont Pioneer's Accelerated Yield Technology (AYT) process, will offer North America a broad range of high yielding varieties. The new line of soybean products, named the T Series, includes 39 new products and will be introduced this year.
Available in seven maturity groups, T Series products represent the largest number of soybean varieties advanced in a single year by Pioneer. The new T Series varieties succeed the popular Pioneer Y Series soybeans introduced several years ago.
“The next generation T Series soybean products provides growers a total package that helps them gain the most from every acre,” said Don Schafer, DuPont Pioneer senior marketing manager – soybeans. “A step change from earlier offerings, the T Series is a direct result of the AYT system that allows Pioneer soybean breeders to maximize yield potential, agronomic traits and resistance to yield-robbing pests.”
Employing environment-specific markers to help optimize yields by geography, the AYT process pinpoints native trait genes for increased defensive trait protection and improved pest resistance packages tailored for specific geographies. AYT employs novel trait integration through a proprietary matrix of gene mapping, molecular breeding technologies and intense local field testing. The system is a key part of a comprehensive plan to accelerate yield gain and broaden resistance to key diseases and insects.
Among the new class of T Series soybeans, 34 varieties will carry the Roundup Ready gene. There are two new Plenish high oleic varieties, five new products with the LibertyLink gene and two new varieties with the Roundup Ready/STS stack. Also, 32 products are soybean cyst nematode (SCN) resistant and 29 carry a major Phytophthora-resistant gene. All T Series products will be available with proven, performance-boosting Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment products.
To distinguish the new T Series varieties, Pioneer initiated a new soybean product numbering system similar to the current nomenclature used for Pioneer brand corn products. The new system will use key identifiers, enabling growers to easily determine maturity and technologies. T Series soybean varieties will be denoted with the letter T in the middle of the product number.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta