Farm bill statement shows complete disgust
A statement about Congress being unable to pass a new five-year farm bill by the National Corn Growers Association president puts the disgust of nearly everyone involved in agriculture in concise no-holds-barred terms.
National Corn Growers Association President Pam Johnson said, “America’s farmers have clearly made known the importance and need of a new farm bill in 2012. Once again Congress’ failure to act pushes agriculture aside hampering farmers’ ability to make sound business decisions for the next five years. The National Corn Growers Association is tired of the endless excuses and lack of accountability. The system is clearly broken.
“We hope the 113th Congress proves to be more fruitful and that the leaders in Congress can place petty partisanship aside to create a bill that benefits all of America.”
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- NDAWN Weather Site and Phone Numbers
- Soybean aphids make an unusual appearance