New battery-operated water flow meter
Siemens has introduced the Sitrans FM MAG 8000 for irrigation battery-operated electromagnetic flow meter, designed as a cost-efficient water metering solution to manage water consumption for applications such as water distribution, revenue metering and crop irrigation.
This Sitrans irrigation flow meter combines the Siemens MAG 8000 transmitter with a specialized sensor to ensure the management of water resources for irrigation purposes, while preventing water loss and waste.
The Sitrans FM MAG 8000 for irrigation features battery power for installation where power availability is a concern. The unit maintains a measurement accuracy rate of 0.8 percent, and as there are no moving parts, the meter is not prone to typical wear and tear, thus reducing maintenance and operational costs. The meter’s IP68 enclosure offers security and durability in flood-prone areas, or even underground. Optional communication modules are also available, ensuring the irrigation flow meter is up-to-date with the latest technology.
For more information, click here.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles advance agriculture
- Divergent livestock futures highlighted Wednesday's market action
- Update on corn and soybean acreage
- China's cotton growing area, yield expected to decline in 2014
- Farm auction in McLean County, Ill., drew 40 bidders
- Pesticide Safety Education program reaches a 50-year milestone
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning