New battery-operated water flow meter
Siemens has introduced the Sitrans FM MAG 8000 for irrigation battery-operated electromagnetic flow meter, designed as a cost-efficient water metering solution to manage water consumption for applications such as water distribution, revenue metering and crop irrigation.
This Sitrans irrigation flow meter combines the Siemens MAG 8000 transmitter with a specialized sensor to ensure the management of water resources for irrigation purposes, while preventing water loss and waste.
The Sitrans FM MAG 8000 for irrigation features battery power for installation where power availability is a concern. The unit maintains a measurement accuracy rate of 0.8 percent, and as there are no moving parts, the meter is not prone to typical wear and tear, thus reducing maintenance and operational costs. The meter’s IP68 enclosure offers security and durability in flood-prone areas, or even underground. Optional communication modules are also available, ensuring the irrigation flow meter is up-to-date with the latest technology.
For more information, click here.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?