House ag leaders press for farm bill approval
House Republican leaders refused to call a vote on the bill during the summer, saying there was not a majority for it, according to Reuters. Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R- Va., has indicated he will bring the House version to the floor during the lame duck session.
The Senate and House versions will eventually have to be reconciled before a final draft could be sent for a signature by President Obama.
Many observers agree that the lame duck session will not have time to address the farm bill. "Odds are against a five-year farm bill in the lame duck (session) unless it's part of a budget agreement," and a budget deal is also unlikely, said Pat Westhoff of the Food and Agricultural Policy Research, an ag think tank based at the University of Missouri.
Barry Flinchbaugh, Kansas State University agricultural economist, said he does not expect a new farm bill until April. The final version probably will look like the Senate bill, Flinchbaugh told a bankers' meeting in Milwaukee this week.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.