AgReliant Genetics to build Iowa seed corn processing
In response to rapid business growth, AgReliant Genetics is expanding its production capacity by adding a complete seed corn production facility in Iowa which will include receiving, husking, sorting, drying, shelling, bulk storage, conditioning and warehousing. Serving as a complement to the company’s recently expanded research station in Boone, Iowa, the facility will be the company’s first production location in the state.
“This production facility will greatly enhance our ability to meet the increasing grower demand for our quality seed products,” said Craig Anderson, AgReliant Genetics’ vice president of operations. “The expansion will be very important for the local seed corn growers and customers as well as for our business expansion in the western regions of the corn belt.”
Located near Ogden, Iowa, the plant will be constructed by The Ken Bratney Company and utilize the industry’s latest technologies for efficient, high quality production of seed corn including the next generation color sorters plus the latest equipment needed to blend “Refuge in the Bag” seed products.
AgReliant chose Boone County due to the geographic fit for its sales footprint as well as the high productivity of the local soils for seed production. AgReliant was pleased with the support offered by the business leaders of Boone County and the State of Iowa. When completed, the facility is expected to add 25 full-time jobs to the local economy in addition to a large number of seasonal part-time jobs.
Completion of the Iowa facility is anticipated in the summer of 2015.
Headquartered in Westfield, Ind., AgReliant Genetics was created in 2000 as a joint venture between the international seed groups KWS and Limagrain. AgReliant Genetics markets corn, soybean and alfalfa seed through six brands: AgriGold Hybrids, Great Lakes Hybrids, LG Seeds, Producers Hybrids, Wensman Seed and PRIDE Seeds.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment