$1 billion fertilizer plant to be built in Indiana
Ohio Valley Resources LLC has selected Spencer County, Ind., as the home for its new billion-dollar nitrogen fertilizer plant. The state-of-the-art facility will be located on approximately 150 acres in Spencer County north of Rockport.
In September, Ohio Valley Resources announced it was considering the Spencer County site along with a location near Owensboro, Kentucky. Doug Wilson, President/CEO of Ohio Valley Resources, explained that the Spencer County site was chosen based on multiple factors.
Foremost among these is the access to two interstate natural gas pipelines afforded by the site. The location also offers convenient rail and highway access, as well as the potential for river access.
The welcoming attitude and support offered by the State of Indiana and Spencer County representatives likewise played an important role.
"We considered numerous sites before narrowing our search down to the Spencer County and Owensboro locations," Wilson explained. "During the last several months, we have met with representatives of both communities and considered the potential pros and cons of our two best options.
"We greatly appreciate the cooperation of both communities but feel confident we have picked the best possible location for the new plant. We very much look forward to being part of the Spencer County community."
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance