The EPA has federally approved Harness MAX Herbicide, the first herbicide in the Monsanto portfolio to provide an HPPD site of action.
Harness MAX Herbicide, a pre-mix of acetochlor plus safener and mesotrione, is labeled for both pre-emergence and postemergence weed control in field corn, production seed corn and popcorn. State approvals are expected to follow in the near future.
“As weeds become tougher to control, Monsanto continues to introduce effective products that provide growers convenient pre-mix solutions for improved weed management,” says Craig Rogers, North American selective portfolio lead. “The new Harness MAX Herbicide will allow growers to take control of their corn acres this season with effective residual and postemergence control of key weeds, such as Palmer amaranth, lambsquarters, morningglory and foxtails.”
Harness MAX Herbicide has an extended application window that includes preplant, pre-emergence and early postemergence up to 11-inch corn. This product has shown improved efficacy on Palmer amaranth species when used as a tank-mix partner with Roundup® brand glyphosate-only agricultural herbicides. It has also demonstrated excellent crop safety.
- A convenient pre-mix NEW for 2018
- First HPPD-containing product in Monsanto’s portfolio
- Flexibility of preplant, preemergence or postemergence application
- Multiple sites of action for strengthened residual control and postemergence control
- Excellent crop safety
- Enhanced postemergent efficacy on key broadleaf species when tank mixed with Roundup brand glyphosate-only agricultural herbicides vs. competitors