David Kohl, Ph.D., agricultural economist, provided a futuristic view for consideration by agricultural consultants during the American Society of Agricultural Consultants’ annual meeting in Washington, D.C. He talked about how consultants need to think globally, understand and use technology, upgrade the talent level in ag consulting and use dashboards.
What consultants need to consider for the future
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?