David Kohl, Ph.D., agricultural economist, provided a futuristic view for consideration by agricultural consultants during the American Society of Agricultural Consultants’ annual meeting in Washington, D.C. He talked about how consultants need to think globally, understand and use technology, upgrade the talent level in ag consulting and use dashboards.
What consultants need to consider for the future
- Study says neonics are widespread in Iowa waters
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program
- A good corn crop is taking shape
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- Renegotiating cash rents down for 2015
- U.S. farmers resort to giant storage bags to avoid cheap sales