Jason Webster, Becks Hybrids central Illinois practical farming research director, talks about variable hybrid planting from his experience in putting together a farmer-scale planter that can change between two hybrids being planted on the go across a field. He says the technology is at hand for equipment manufacturers to commercially market two-hybrid planters that plant the appropriate seed for the soil type at pre-selected populations.
Variable hybrid planters
- Crop markets moved mostly higher again Thursday night
- Fall-applied herbicides work better on some weeds
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta