Jason Webster, Becks Hybrids central Illinois practical farming research director, talks about variable hybrid planting from his experience in putting together a farmer-scale planter that can change between two hybrids being planted on the go across a field. He says the technology is at hand for equipment manufacturers to commercially market two-hybrid planters that plant the appropriate seed for the soil type at pre-selected populations.
Variable hybrid planters
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?