Jason Webster, Becks Hybrids central Illinois practical farming research director, talks about variable hybrid planting from his experience in putting together a farmer-scale planter that can change between two hybrids being planted on the go across a field. He says the technology is at hand for equipment manufacturers to commercially market two-hybrid planters that plant the appropriate seed for the soil type at pre-selected populations.
Variable hybrid planters
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning