Jason Webster, Becks Hybrids central Illinois practical farming research director, talks about variable hybrid planting from his experience in putting together a farmer-scale planter that can change between two hybrids being planted on the go across a field. He says the technology is at hand for equipment manufacturers to commercially market two-hybrid planters that plant the appropriate seed for the soil type at pre-selected populations.
Variable hybrid planters
- Try to apply fall herbicide treatments before December
- USDA to improve rural telecommunications infrastructure
- Slow U.S. grain harvest, fast use easing squeeze on storage
- Yara expands fertilizer capacity in Porsgrunn, Norway
- Xanthion In-furrow fungicide receives registration
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed Wednesday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture