Mark Hanna, Extension agricultural engineer, Iowa State University, explains the strip tillage system and what farmers need to consider if they decide to begin using it. Strip tillage has become more popular in the Midwest and the upper Midwest especially. So, both the farmer and the ag retailer will need to know how to manage this system.
Understanding strip tillage
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- Certain ecosystems prove resistant to climate change
- One oft forgotten important fall chore: Sampling for SCN
- Timing of cheatgrass herbicides on wheat
- Cellerate receives EPA certification for cellulosic biofuels RINs
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals