Mark Hanna, Extension agricultural engineer, Iowa State University, explains the strip tillage system and what farmers need to consider if they decide to begin using it. Strip tillage has become more popular in the Midwest and the upper Midwest especially. So, both the farmer and the ag retailer will need to know how to manage this system.
Understanding strip tillage
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture