Jennifer Shaw, head of NAFTA sustainability for Syngenta, spoke about defining sustainability but noted the need for doubling food production in less than 40 years by "extensification" and "intensification." She spoke during the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers annual meeting.
Sustainability during a time of doubling food
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?