Jennifer Shaw, head of NAFTA sustainability for Syngenta, spoke about defining sustainability but noted the need for doubling food production in less than 40 years by "extensification" and "intensification." She spoke during the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers annual meeting.
Sustainability during a time of doubling food
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- Corn harvest pace picks up, but…
- New insect management knowledge program from Monsanto
- Why is micronutrient availability so patchy in a field?
- Monsanto issues comment on Oregon and Montana GM wheat
- Crop traders are awaiting today's big USDA reports
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto