Sustainability during a time of doubling food
Jennifer Shaw, head of NAFTA sustainability for Syngenta, spoke about defining sustainability but noted the need for doubling food production in less than 40 years by "extensification" and "intensification." She spoke during the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers annual meeting.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants