Jennifer Shaw, head of NAFTA sustainability for Syngenta, spoke about defining sustainability but noted the need for doubling food production in less than 40 years by "extensification" and "intensification." She spoke during the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers annual meeting.
Sustainability during a time of doubling food
- Syngenta global cereals collaborations hit home
- DuPont Pioneer continues support of agriscience education
- New study highlights need for increased innovation
- Water ‘thermostat’ could help engineer drought-resistant crops
- Bayer CropScience expands Bayer SeedGrowth Centers
- Rising Black Sea tensions are supporting the crop markets
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting