Raj Khosla, Colorado State University professor, talks about how he and his soil lab team have developed and practice zone management soil sampling. In a presentation at InfoAg, he also talked about grid soil sampling and how the number of samples that need pulled for accuracy using grid sampling in some fields can be astronomical because of the rule of spatial dependency and special variability that occurs within a field.
Soil sampling with a zone system
- UAV maker PrecisionHawk receives $10 million in financing
- Tool helps track insects blowing in the wind
- FAO calls for “paradigm shift” toward sustainable agriculture
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- Corn harvest pace picks up, but…
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto