Raj Khosla, Colorado State University professor, talks about how he and his soil lab team have developed and practice zone management soil sampling. In a presentation at InfoAg, he also talked about grid soil sampling and how the number of samples that need pulled for accuracy using grid sampling in some fields can be astronomical because of the rule of spatial dependency and special variability that occurs within a field.
Soil sampling with a zone system
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Automated imaging system looks underground to improve crops
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- EPA announces final decision to register Enlist Duo
- What to consider in leasing or buying equipment
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals