Raj Khosla, Colorado State University professor, talks about how he and his soil lab team have developed and practice zone management soil sampling. In a presentation at InfoAg, he also talked about grid soil sampling and how the number of samples that need pulled for accuracy using grid sampling in some fields can be astronomical because of the rule of spatial dependency and special variability that occurs within a field.
Soil sampling with a zone system
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?