Raj Khosla, Colorado State University professor, talks about how he and his soil lab team have developed and practice zone management soil sampling. In a presentation at InfoAg, he also talked about grid soil sampling and how the number of samples that need pulled for accuracy using grid sampling in some fields can be astronomical because of the rule of spatial dependency and special variability that occurs within a field.
Soil sampling with a zone system
- Kites, balloon collect aerial data for soybean drought tolerance
- Researchers explore early corn planting
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Biofuel groups press White House on more than just 2014 targets
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Thursday night
- Protecting pollinators from insecticide exposure
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014