Howard G. Buffett, a farmer and executive director of the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, spoke to a group of media on the Monsanto Company campus at St. Louis recently. One aspect of concern expressed by Buffett was soil erosion, which could make it impossible to maintain increasing yields to feed an exploding world population. His foundation has a primary mission of improving the standard of living and quality of life of the world’s impoverished and marginalized populations.
Soil is a key for the future
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- No export bonanza this year from record U.S. harvest
- Breeding soybeans that can tolerate heat, drought
- Crop storage issues may be less severe than anticipated
- Summit on herbicide resistance now available online
- Ag markets proved generally mixed Monday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals