Howard G. Buffett, a farmer and executive director of the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, spoke to a group of media on the Monsanto Company campus at St. Louis recently. One aspect of concern expressed by Buffett was soil erosion, which could make it impossible to maintain increasing yields to feed an exploding world population. His foundation has a primary mission of improving the standard of living and quality of life of the world’s impoverished and marginalized populations.
Soil is a key for the future
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture