Fred Whitford, Ph.D., coordinator of pesticide programs for Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service, spoke at the National Agronomic, Environmental, Health and Safety School (NAEHSS) at Bloomington, Ill. In this video talking to Richard Keller, editor of AgProfessional, he explains the basics of safety and proper equipment to use as well as how to obtain a booklet with details on safe equipment extraction.
Safety in pulling equipment out of mud
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?