Randy Dowdy, farmer in Brooks County, Ga., won the National Corn Growers Association 2012 irrigated corn yield by using his on-farm research. He began farming in 2006 and didn’t fall into using out-dated farming systems.
On-farm research leads to high corn yield
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture