Professor talks about feeding the hungry
Bob Thompson, Ph.D., University of Illinois professor emeritus and visiting scholar at John Hopkins University, talked about the need to feed the world’s hungry with focused research and advanced agricultural production. He talked about it being of strategic importance to the world’s political stability during the American Society of Agricultural Consultants annual meeting.
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- New report on scientific discoveries from USDA
- Major advance in understanding plant disease resistance
- Indiana corn: Tough planting decisions ahead
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants