K.C. Conway, chief economist for USA Colliers International, says the expansion of the Panama Canal is really important for expanding East Coast shipping ports volumes. He also talks about railroads having the advantage over river shipping, especially the Mississippi River, for agricultural products.
Panama Canal and railroads change shipping
- Crop markets moved mostly higher again Thursday night
- Fall-applied herbicides work better on some weeds
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta