K.C. Conway, chief economist for USA Colliers International, says the expansion of the Panama Canal is really important for expanding East Coast shipping ports volumes. He also talks about railroads having the advantage over river shipping, especially the Mississippi River, for agricultural products.
Panama Canal and railroads change shipping
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre