K.C. Conway, chief economist for USA Colliers International, says the expansion of the Panama Canal is really important for expanding East Coast shipping ports volumes. He also talks about railroads having the advantage over river shipping, especially the Mississippi River, for agricultural products.
Panama Canal and railroads change shipping
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting