K.C. Conway, chief economist for USA Colliers International, says the expansion of the Panama Canal is really important for expanding East Coast shipping ports volumes. He also talks about railroads having the advantage over river shipping, especially the Mississippi River, for agricultural products.
Panama Canal and railroads change shipping
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning