Ron Reichert, Bayer CropScience seed growth technology manager, talks about new low volume seed lubricant to reduce the planter dust that can go into the environment from a vacuum planter exhaust. Less seed treatment active ingredients will also be in the dust and spread in the environment. This all means less potential for bees and pollinators to come into contact with active ingredients. Reichert shows volume comparison among older seed lubricants and new low-volume product.
New planter seed lubricant
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- Certain ecosystems prove resistant to climate change
- One oft forgotten important fall chore: Sampling for SCN
- Timing of cheatgrass herbicides on wheat
- Cellerate receives EPA certification for cellulosic biofuels RINs
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals