Ron Reichert, Bayer CropScience seed growth technology manager, talks about new low volume seed lubricant to reduce the planter dust that can go into the environment from a vacuum planter exhaust. Less seed treatment active ingredients will also be in the dust and spread in the environment. This all means less potential for bees and pollinators to come into contact with active ingredients. Reichert shows volume comparison among older seed lubricants and new low-volume product.
New planter seed lubricant
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta