Ron Reichert, Bayer CropScience seed growth technology manager, talks about new low volume seed lubricant to reduce the planter dust that can go into the environment from a vacuum planter exhaust. Less seed treatment active ingredients will also be in the dust and spread in the environment. This all means less potential for bees and pollinators to come into contact with active ingredients. Reichert shows volume comparison among older seed lubricants and new low-volume product.
New planter seed lubricant
- Farm Market iD releases 2013 Land and Grower Database
- Even in isolated, pristine Tasmania, pressure for GMO farming
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- Maire Tecnimont to build $1.6 billion U.S. fertilizer plant
- Corn price premiums continue to fade