Gregg Sauder, CEO of Precision Planting, talked about how the wrong planter downforce and adjustments affect corn yield. He spoke from a trench dug beside a planter demonstration plot at the Farm Progress Show.
Managing a planter for yield
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture