Larry Lambright, director of sorghum breeding for Chromatin Inc., talks about the new sorghum varieties on the market for 2014 and a federally funded research program for biofuel from sorghum. Chromatin is the parent company for the Sorghum Partners seed business with main headquarters near Lubbock, Texas. There are several breeding program locations and a plant biology group located at Champagne, Ill.
Lots of research into different sorghums
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- ASA, EPA to hold Q&A webinar on proposed water rule
- AFBF launches first annual rural entrepreneurship challenge
- U.S. Grains Council calls on China to approve trait in DDGs
- Renegotiating cash rents down for 2015
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program